Sunday, September 24, 2006

No Boxes!

I'm still cleaning up from a major disaster. E'wood had just started working on the roof, fixing the leaks, above the room by the garage, the new gallery space, where I had a lot of my stuff stored, and I was doing some spray painting. I was working on these nice gift boxes for monkeys, with a new decorative design I had developed: Glitter Camo! It's kind of a gray, black, green, brown, and gold camouflage design with glitter! "Now you can go undetected in the jungle, in the desert, and at the disco!"

But then the big rains came, while E and I were sitting at the BFP sipping coffee (I was eating bananas and milk). I didn't worry about it too much, except for getting home okay, but then when I got home I was shocked to see water POURING in, soaking everything in that room, including all the brand new Glitter Camo boxes. I had to drag everything out of there, trying to salvage the valuable stuff. But almost all of the gift boxes were ruined. There was nothing I could do, except try to stay calm. I just don't have the heart to start over and make more. Maybe boxes weren't such a good idea, anyway. The fashion industry can go ahead and steal my glitter camo idea if they want to. But remember, you heard about it here first!

No comments: